Michigan Human Powered Vehicle Association
Annual meeting – Ann Arbor, MI - Saturday, March 12, 2011
The 2011 MHPVA annual meeting will be Saturday, March 12, in the Ann Arbor REI store community room, 970 W. Eisenhower Parkway, just off the Ann Arbor-Saline Road exit off I-94. See map and directions on next page.
For those who want to eat prior to the meeting, there is a Potbelly sandwich shop directly across from REI store and an Old Country Buffet restaurant in the same shopping center. The meeting room opens at noon for socializing. At 12:30 p.m., Bob
Krzewinski of the Wolver-Bents will give a talk about “How to buy your first recumbent.”
At 1 p.m., members will have a chance to talk to the group about their vehicles or latest projects. Those bringing vehicles for display are encouraged to write on a sheet of paper sheet basic information about the vehicle, such as name and manufacturer or builder; owner’s name; year built; used for racing, commuting or recreational riding; fastest speeds, construction materials, weight, etc.
The MHPVA business meeting will follow. A key part will be deciding on events and other details for the 27th Michigan HPV Rally, to be held June 11-12, 2011 at the Waterford Hills sports car racing track in Clarkston. Details will be posted on
www.mhpva.org and htpp://mhpva.blogspot.com.
Tentative meeting schedule:
• Meeting room opens at 12 noon
• 12:30 p.m. - “How to buy your first recumbent,” Bob Krzewinski
• 1 p.m. - “Show and tell” of human powered vehicles brought by owners.
• Call to order and review of agenda
• Secretary’s report - approval of 2010 annual meeting minutes.
• Treasurer’s Report – Members who would like a copy of the treasurer's report and/or membership list should contact Bill Frey at the meeting or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Report on 2010 speed championships at Battle Mountain, Nev. – Mike Mowett.
• Discussion of Michigan HPV Rally at Waterford - June 11-12, 2011.
1. President Mike Mowett will report on decisions made at fall Human Powered Race - America meeting.
2. Selection of events to be held at Waterford.
3. Discussion of publicity, prizes and fees.
• Report on MHPVA website
• Election of officers and directors.
• Other 2011 recumbent/HPV events
Directions: From eastbound or westbound I-94, take Exit 175 (Ann-Arbor Saline Rd.)
and head northeast along Ann Arbor-Saline Road toward Ann Arbor. Cross Eisenhower
Parkway, go past the gas station and notice the shopping center on your right. Turn right into
the shopping center entrance, which is behind the stores. Then drive to the front of the
shopping center, which faces I-94, and you will soon arrive at the REI store.